What is Asbestos? General Information
Asbestos is a fibrous mineral that resists chemicals and heat. When disturbed, the fibers become airborne, are inhaled through the mouth and nose and become embedded in the lungs. Asbestos is responsible for several serious diseases:
- Asbestosis, or scarring of the lung tissue
- Lung, colon, stomach or rectal cancer
- Mesothelioma, a fatal cancer that develops in the protective lining around the body's internal organs
Strong, durable and fire resistant, asbestos was widely used in building materials prior to the mid-1980s. As a result, Australia's infrastructure and buildings contain a lot of asbestos. Because the long-term consequences of asbestos exposure can be fatal, it is essential that the removal of Asbestos be done by an experienced, qualified contractor.
RedJak is a licensed asbestos removal contractor specialising in residential, commercial and industrial asbestos removal, disposal and cleanup. Our vehicles are EPA-approved for hauling and disposing of asbestos. Insured, licensed and in compliance with NCS International, we are one of Queensland's premier 'A Class certified' asbestos removal contractors.
There are other factors that make us the preferred contractor for asbestos removal:
- We are self-supporting in regard to all of the equipment needed for asbestos removal, hauling and disposal.
- We can handle asbestos removal for any size residential, commercial or industrial site.
- We handle all phases of asbestos removal, including the initial assessment, removal, hauling and disposal.
- We employ skilled, highly qualified staff members who are committed to providing excellent customer service in a safe environment.
- We offer competitive prices.
- We can streamline arrangements with other industry trades such as carpenters, plumbers and electricians.
- We are fully insured and have an A-class/supervisors licence
- Our equipment, including the H-type HEPA rated asbestos vacuum cleaner is correctly maintained
- As part of our commitment to safety we provide our workers with a Health Surveillance program and professionally certified respirator fit test
- There is air monitoring during the project and an independent clearance inspection after the project