Green Statement - Monoglass® and Sonoglass™
MONOGLASS is designed with the environment in mind. It is made from a combination of post consumer recycled glass and recycled manufacturing glass. The total volume of post consumer material is not less than 25%.
When this is combined with the recycled manufacturing waste, the total recycled content of MONOGLASS is not less than 37%.
MONOGLASS has been installed in educational facilities, community centres, hospitals as well as a variety of other locations where environmental responsibility and product safety are of high concern.
What makes MONOGLASS Green?
- The high R-value of MONOGLASS is in itself part of the reason MONOGLASS is considered a green product. By virtue of being a good thermal insulator, MONOGLASS reduces the amount of fossil fuels required to heat a building, thereby reducing the amount of greenhouse gasses that are put into the atmosphere. In addition to this, the heating costs for the building are reduced.
- As an inorganic, naturally non-combustible material, MONOGLASS needs no additional chemicals to reduce flammability.
- MONOGLASS does not support the growth of mould/fungus, eliminating the need for chemical fungicides.
- As a white product with high light reflectance, MONOGLASS reduces the amount of energy required to light an area. The high light reflectance also provides a safer environment at night.
- The PVA binder used in the MONOGLASS application has only trace VOC emissions. When applied, the amounts of potential VOC emissions are approximately .00005% by weight.